Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rock Star!

   This post will not be long just wanted to let everyone know Georgia is doing so well, we were able to stand up quite a while this morning, she giggled, smiled, sat up, and is just overall awesome! I cannot believe that we are 9 days post op and no seizures, not even a glimpse of one. So glad that is a thing of the past now. I cannot believe all that I was missing out on, Georgia responding to her name, Georgia looking me in the eye, she actually giggled at a video of herself today. I have so much to be thankful for. We have completely clamped off her drain so her head is doing all the work of absorbing the fluid and just for kicks our night nurse checked her ICP (Intercranal Pressure) and it is a whopping....1! The range is from 0 to 10 and Georgia is one, that means there is like no pressure in her head. My little trooper, I praise God for all the He has done and all that He will do. What amazing God we serve.

   As for me, I feel so at peace, last night Sean and I were playing with one another and I thought to myself: when was the last time I felt so free, when was the last time I felt so joyful and hopeful and not weighted down by the stress of Georgia's illness? I can honestly tell you, it was 3.5 years ago, the day before Georgia's first seizure. Still cannot believe that we are here, Georgie not seizing, starting to learn again, so much better than we were almost two weeks ago and still better tomorrow. Seizures seem like a life time ago, or like someone else was living that life. All I can do is say, "Thank you Jesus!" My heart sings to my precious Father for delivering us and setting us upon a rock. My faith was not where it should be and the Lord has strengthened my faith ten-fold, I will never be the person that I was before this illness chose my child but I do know that I am stronger, more patient, more compassionate, humble but you know what? I am all around a better person for this, God has shown me how to praise Him through the storm. How to thank Him for the trials. Georgia, as I said before, not because you needed us but because I needed you! Praise to God.

 Lego Man!
 My two besties!
 Looks like Georgia is looking right at Conerly and vise versa, they love each other!
 My stinker winker bear!
 So beautiful, I can see some prissyness starting to re-emerge
 Crooked lil grin, my right side will return
 Aunt Sabrina, Uncle James, and Cousin Connor
So proud of my hero!







No comments:

Post a Comment