Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Drainage Out!

   Georgia never ceases to amaze me, this morning Amy came by and said we could remove her drainage. She told me we could medicate her or we did not have to, the choice was mine. I know that Georgia is such a trooper and I knew that she had family coming by so I did not want her to be dopey so I said no medicine, Georgia fussed a little when we laid her down but when the drain was pulled she did nothing, she flinched slightly when the staples were put in then she was good. We got to wash her hair bedside. Overall, one of the best days so far, hopefully tomorrow we will get discharged to Brooks. Keeping my fingers crossed. Georgia is able to sit up on her own for a few minutes before she gets tired, she is also able to pull herself into sitting position with little to no help. She is able to put more weight on her leg. She is doing so well I am so proud of her, my little angel.

  Unable to understand why Georgia's surgery got pushed back God keeps showing me.  I was able to talk to another family, here from Panama, about the effects of what will happen if seizures are left untreated. This precious little girl is 6 months old, she started seizing on April 26 and her surgery is set for Thursday May 24. That is simply amazing! God is so good. Not even a month will go by before something is done. I sit in amazement at my Father's feet. I feel so blessed to be able to help other people. Just as the Bible says, "Love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12 And in Matthew "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven." Matthew 5:16

   I have met so many people here, angels in disguise, that I may have never have met had it not been for Georgia and this trial, as I have said before I would not have chosen this for my child but I am so glad to be on this journey with her. I love Georgia, my little Love Bug! I will always try and help anyone who will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment