Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finally, the longest day is over

Finally today that I have been dreading for the last several weeks is coming to an end. After 8 hours in surgery Georgia came out and she is doing beautifully. She still has several wires coming out of her, a central line, two IVs, and drain from her head. She is completely limp on her right side which is to be expected, hopefully this will improve within the next two weeks. After all God did not create the world in one day. I'm sad to see Georgia this way with the swelling and her not be able to even squeeze my hand with her right hand but I believe in my heart that we made the right decision. Tomorrow is a new day full of its challenges but nothing will ever compare to those three years of endless seizures. I'm glad to finally be off the hampster wheel, it's all uphill from here in out. Praise God we made it this far and with His strength we will finish this journey. No more seizures! I have to say, I am kind of mourning the loss of the seizures, they have been a part of our life for so long, its hard to believe they will happen no more. But as I said earlier, By His stripes we are healed. Completely and fully!

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting to hear how she was. Now, I'll go to bed and rest. My prayers continue for her total restoration and God's sweetest blessings on her life.

    ReplyDelete