Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Good Day

   Georgia was in fairly good spirits considering that she had not slept in almost 24 hours. I was a mean mommy and I made her work through her irritablity and frustrations today. I hate being making her work when she is having a bad day but I know she will thank me later in life for this, for pushing her when she did not have it in herself. I am confused about what her right side feels like; the therapists said that we have to remind her body that it is still there because of the surgery her brain does not recognize that the right side but I am confused about what it will feel like for her when all movement is restored and she is able to purposefully use that side. I was talking to Mrs. Helen from church and she said after her stroke her side was paralyzed but she started feeling a burning and tingly sensation on that side before usage returned so I am not sure if Georgia feels this. She is moving her head all over now and she is able to hold herself in a sitting position if you give her a little support; Sean said she wanted to pull herself up this afternoon and she is rolling in the bed like she should. I am a little worried about the restlessness that she has been displaying lately, I am hoping that when we are able to move her around a little more then she will return to her self. Sean and I were talking about what it is going to be like for her when we take her outside for the first time when we leave here. Will she like the feeling of grass on her feet? Will she still like to swing? Will she like the wind on her face? Will it be like going outside for the very first time? All things I cannot wait to find out.

   Like I said doing well though, she smiled a little more and she cooed some, when we stood her up this morning with PT she wanted to take a step, very promising. We love all the therapists that we have met here, they are fabulous and we love the hospital, most caretakers that we have met have faith, this is so wonderful, I know God had His hand in this. Georgia is also doing well with the drainage being adjusted, I think that she is in a little more pain because of the the adjustment and because some of the swelling and bruising is gravitating down her face but other than that good. Tomorrow night will be her last dose of ONFI. Yay! One seizure medication down, one more to go. One week seizure free! Almost too good to be true but not. because God has taken care of her.  Georgia is sleeping peacefully now, cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings. I am hoping for movement to return to that right side. Only God knows but I trust Him, if anyone knows what they are doing it's Him!

   Mommy is feeling better despite being tired, Daddy brought Conerly today and my little guy was so happy to see me and his sister. He brought her a new teddy from BABW and Georgia is sleeping with it tonight. I love seeing her interact with stuffed animals. this is all so new to us. I am hoping that we will hear tomorrow what the next part of the plan is to get Georgia out of here and into Brooks.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;  He set my feet on a rock and gve me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will seee and fear the Lord and put their trust in Him. Psalm 40:1-3
So long I have waited for my season of sorrow to change and it finally is. I was not always patient but God has given me the strength that I needed to survive, He does not ask much just that you have faith and believe that He will deliver you. I have been delivered, Praise be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 28:6-7
    6 Blessed be the LORD,
    Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
    7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
    Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
    And with my song I will praise Him.

    ReplyDelete