Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where We Are Now

          This blog is meant to inspire not to discourage others who find themselves in this situation or something very similar but I have to be honest, Georgia is on two different meds right now and still having what the doctors call break through seizures. Which simply put, the meds are not doing their job the way the doctors would like. So everyday Georgia has cluster seizures and in that cluster she may have upwards to 10-15 seizures or as few as 1, we can never tell. Her seizures have evolved from when she was a baby to now, she used to take long naps, very long, 2-3 hrs at a time, now for the most part she can bounce back within a few minutes. She is severly delayed, she is around the 18month range for most things, though she does not play with her peers and does not play with her toys appropriately.

      As a family this has been hard on us and there are days we just do not think we can endure one more day. Georgia went from developing appropriately to suddenly having lots of seizures and platueing in her development. We struggle just like anyone else with our faith, we want our child to be seizure free and want to be able to just stand on the sidelines and not hover around her but for now, that is not the case. Georgia for the most part is a happy child, through all her difficulties she still smiles and laughs and gets into trouble.

    I know it sounds cliche but we get our strength from the Lord. He is the only thing sustaining us. Over two years ago, He spoke to my heart and told me, He was going to show me how big He is. Well, the doctors have told us bluntly, there is nothing that can be done except try and get her seizures under control. So that means, nothing short of a miracle is going to bring our seizure-free baby back to us. For the most part, I have led an easy life, been blessed with good health, a good husband, family and friends, was able to get a job when I needed one, blessed to get my bachelors degree, so I had every reason to give the glory to God and never had to doubt whether He loved me or not.

   This with my baby has brought me to my knees, more times than not. It is said that you never have faith until it is all you are standing on, well Lord here I am...I know in my heart that God is testing my faith. "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4

Blessings,
xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment