Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fasting, Day 1

   "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
  
   Thursday night I went to church to find out more about fasting and what was required of me because I have never done it. Well, the Pastor told me that fasting from food would probably not be wise because I have the two babies and I need my energy. He told me that I should give up something that I really like. Well, I really like t.v. not just for the shows but for the noise itself. I continually have the t.v on throughout the day for the babies and for myself. I just really like the noise. Today, that t.v. has not come on at all, and it has been SILENT! Almost, too silent. I even unplugged it so that I would not forget about my fast and turn it on. The Pastor told me that I was not to break from the fast because it could be really bad, in fact it's better not to make a promise than to make a promise and stray from it.

   I replaced the noise of the t.v for the uplifting songs from various Christian artists. I can tell you I feel more joy today than I have in a while. So much junk comes from that box, it is scary! I love to watch three shows during the day, 700 Club, The Chew, and Dr. Phil and I did miss those, I would be lying if I said that I didn't but I found that I had more time to talk to my babies, I was able to read a book during nap time and was just filled with peace and solitude.

   I would also like that thank those who are joining me on this fast. Thank you for believing with me and my family. I know God is going to bring about a great miracle not only with Georgia but with the whole family. This is exactly where He wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment