Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Long Awaited Answer

   ""Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it"" And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them." Mark 10:14-16.

   For many months now I have felt so distant from the Lord and I could not understand why I could not hear from Him or feel His presence, at times I have felt so lonely, even in the presence of others. Well, about a week ago, I felt the Lord wanting me to read the book of Mark and to write down all the miracles that Jesus preformed. I urge you if you have not read much of the Bible to start with the 4 gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  It is a relatively easy read and much of it applies to our life today. Oh My Goodness! There is it, the answer that I have been praying for!
  
   "Then one of the crowd answered and said, "Teacher, I brought you my son, who has a mute spirit. And wherever it seizes him, it throws him down; he foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth, and becomes rigid. So I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast it out, but they could not." He answered him and said, "O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to me." Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth. So He asked his father, "How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood. And often he has thrown him to the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." Immediately, the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!" Then the spirit cired out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, "He is dead." But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose. And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him privately, "Why could we not cast it out?" So He said to them, "This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting."" Mark 9:17-29

   I ran out of the room, startled my husband and read to him those verses. We have been praying for guidance all this time and it is right there in front of us. I am not sure if I have read that before and not really understood or if I was unable to really see it before this time. God had to bring me to this place in my faith to be able to understand this. I will continue to believe Georgia will be healed until there is nothing in me left, I cannot give up on my precious child.

   "But Jesus looked at them and said,"With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

A beautiful song by Addison Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment