Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Thursday, August 2, 2012

We Have Come So Far

   It is hard to believe that just two and a half months ago Georgia could not even hold her head up or sit up. She had to be assisted to do everything and now she is almost walking. When I look back it is hard to see why I was so upset, when things look so bright now. Why did I ever doubt that God would see us through. All along He was holding my hand, telling me to be patient. And I guess that is what everything boils down to, patience and my lack thereof.

   All Georgia wants to do is walk and explore. The light that had all but vanished from her eyes is back. Today, I witnessed her stretch out her right hand and grasp the baby gate with her fingers. Is there anything impossible for God? I think not. Georgia is a walking (soon to be talking) miracle. She has determination that I have never seen anyone demonstrate, she sees something and goes for it. I do not think anything will hold her back.

   This year has seen a lot of ups and a lot of downs but I believe we are to see more days like today and yesterday. I know that I do not deserve all that the Lord has seen fit to give me. To finally have a two-sided relationship with my daughter is nothing short of amazing. I am ready for a four year old little girl, ready for the make-up, the tea parties, the telling me no, the I wanna do it myself Mommy, and all that entails.

   Why do I ever doubt that I serve a BIG God who can do whatever He likes and when He sees fit, He will give me the desires of my heart. Not a moment too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment