Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Friday, June 8, 2012

Giggles, Grins, and Laughter

Today was such a great day! Georgia hardly fusses in her therapies anymore and she walked a great distance without crying much at all. Of course she still needs assistance but not nearly as much as when we first got her. Sean's grandparents and mom came to visit and we got to take Georgia to Firehouse Subs. I was a little nervous that people might look at her scar and ask questions but no one really paid us any mind. This puts me a little more at ease for when we go home. This afternoon we were sitting around the duck pond and we were laughing and Georgia joined right in. She then laughed the rest of the day for no apparent reason at all, just the pleasure of hearing herself laugh. This makes me so happy, I told Sean that angels must be entertaining her. I met with the neuropsychiatrist and he gave me the results of her assessment, not as good as I would like but it's ok, I knew we would have a long recovery ahead of us. Cognitively she is at a 6-8 month level and 3-4 month language level. But he said she is basically picking up where she left off before her brain was hijacked by the terrorist aka seizures. I'm still going to praise the Lord for healing her and I know He is going to continue working in her. He is faithful to complete the work He has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment