Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Small Glimpes

   Recently, I was watching the 700 Club, and if you are unfamiliar with this show it is a talk show centered around God and faith. Amazing show if you ever get the chance to watch it. Anyway, Kim and Krickitt (the couple that the movie The Vow is based on) were guests on the show and Kim said something that really stood out to me, "God gave me glimpes of His hands working in our lives" (Of course I'm paraphrasing here). Well, just like that man said, God gives me glimpes of things when I have reached the end of my rope and feel there is nothing worth holding on to. Georgia will do something completely unexpected and I believe that is God showing me that He is still in control and He is still working through her and through us as a family.

   Last night I was reading in the book of Genesis and stumbled over this verse, "The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, "In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided."" Genesis 22:14. This goes back to when God was testing Abraham's faithfulness to the Lord. Now I believe in my heart that the Lord is testing my faithfulness to Him, just as He tested Abraham. At church, we were called to the front of the church and all the members prayed for our family and they are standing with us and proclaiming that Georgia will be healed and because of this trial we are going to be able to help others going through similar trials. But we have to believe and have the faith that God is going to do what He said He is going to do.

   I do a lot of research on the internet about people with epilepsy and cortical dysplasia. A couple of weeks ago I found this discussion forum where people were discussing seizures and how their life is hard and how many of them "hate" their lives and what the seizures do to them. Like a moth to the light I begin reading and cannot stop myself. Sean gets so upset with me for reading things like this but like an addiction I am unable to stop myself. Many of these people are unable to drive or lead "normal" lives because they never know when a seizure is going to hit. They talked a lot about how a seizure feels, their bodies ache afterward, they have terrrible headaches, and they are exhausted both physically and mentally. Wow! I begin to think to myself how does Georgia feel? Is she in a constant state of pain because unlike some of the people I was reading about, Georgia has seizures everyday, sometimes every hour, whereas these people might have one episode a month or every several months. I was telling this to my sister-in-law, Ashley, and she said something very profound to me, "No, Georgia does not feel this way because Jesus is holding in the midst of the seizure." One blessing to me is that Georgia has had seizures for so long she probably does not even remember her life pre-seizures so she really has nothing to compare it to.

 Fog Lifted
   Sean and I believe that the day is coming for Georgia when the fog will be lifted and she will shake her head and she will look at us and say, "Mommy, Daddy, why are you so sad, I'm okay." Now of course, if it does not happen exactly like that, but we like to talk out various scenarios about how God will bring about this miracle of creative healing. We believe we are one day closer to her being healed. God will say enough and it will be done! Praise God!

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered in the heart of man
The things which God has prepared
For those who Love Him."
1 Corinthians 2:9
  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for continuing to post your heart on here, Misty...little Georgia is in our prayers, as are all of you.
    A friend of your mom's,
    Bettina Howell

    ReplyDelete