Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wisdom

Wisdom defined:  a deep understanding and realization of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to apply perceptions, judgements and actions in keeping with this understanding. It often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that universal principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true or right coupled with optimum judgment as to action

Sean and I are facing our biggest decisions that we will probably ever have to face. We jumped the first hurdle, whether or not Sean would reinlist for another 6 year term in the Army. After much deliberation and prayers we decided that him reinlisting would be the best thing for our family because we really need the health insurance for Georgia to get the help that she needs. Next week Georgia will be admitted to the hospital for another EEG, MRI and to consult with a Neurosurgeon. We are terrrified, not only of what the future holds but also the MRI. Georgia will be completely sedated to do the procedure. This is something I would not wish on my worst enemy, to see my child go from completely awake to completely lifeless in a manner of seconds. It absolutely breaks my heart and scares me to death. My prayer is for discernment and wisdom right now. Sean and I need absolute peace about what we are facing doing in the next few months. One option that is still scary and not without its own risks is the Vagus Nerve Stimulator, which is described as a pacemaker for the brain. Now, it does not go into the brain but in the neck and still requires surgery. We will also be discussing brain surgery which would entail taking out the damaged part of her brain. SCARY! Our main focus is making Georgia better and better able to lead a productive life. Sean and I both understand that Georgia may not be what well here on Earth and we may have to care for her forever but we believe that one of these options may make her seizure free and that really weighs heavy on us. We do not want to do either of these drastic things but we have to look at what is going to be best for her. And as I said before, God could heal her before anything is done, we could have the MRI done next week and find that her brain has been completely restored. Only God knows what He is going to do. Praying for the best!

 Now is the time that we have to walk by blind faith. We do not want to make any decisions that we will regret later in life. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence fo things not seen." Hebrews 11:1 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also the Greek. For in it the rightousness of God is revealed from faith to faith as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."" Romans 1:16-17 More than any other time we need everyone to pray for us. As I have said before, if we have the faith of a mustard seed, we can move mountains.

Brighter days are ahead, I can feel that. I know Georgia will be seizure free, I'm not sure how that will come about but I believe with everything in me that she will be seizure free. I long for the days when this season of sorrow and pain will pass and we will be standing on the mountain top looking down into the valley that we have overcome. I was just telling Sean yesterday that maybe God has us here so that we can be for other people what we lack. We wish that there was someone out there has walked where we walk now and could there to hold our hands and encourage us. I know we can be that for some other family in the future.

"Move"
I'm not about to give up
Because I heard you say
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days
I won't stop, I'll keep my head up
No, I'm not here to stay
There's gonna be brighter days
There's gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but I won't break
As long as I can see your face

When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway

I'm gonna move (move)
I'm gonna move (move)
I'm gonna move

I've got to hold it steady
Keep my head in the game
Everything is about to change
Everything is about to change

This hurt is getting heavy
But I'm not about to cave
Everything's about to change
There's gonna be brighter days

No matter what may come
Gotta move to a different drum
No matter what life brings
Gotta move gotta move to a different beat
I leave you with these words of encouragement, "In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid." Psalms 56:11

 God has blessed us with you Love Bug!
Not because you need us but because we need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment