Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Monday, March 19, 2012

Keep Praying

   Last Wednesday at church the pastor was talking about praying, and praying about something more than once, he said he heard someone say that we could pray for something 100 times and the first 99 times would be in doubt, well, he said no! that is not true, we are to continually pray until our needs are met. Even if we pray for something 100 times. Then my sister sang a pretty song about keep praying. I know that God is talking to me. I am pretty positive I passed the 100 prayers mark years ago but you know what?, I am going to continue to pray. In the Bible Jesus gives his disciples a parable about a persistant widow, "Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying; "There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him saying, "Get justice for me from my adversary. And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself 'Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.'" Then the Lord said, "Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:1-8

   The Lord has started a good work in Georgia and I know that He will be faithful to continue to work through her until He has completed this work, "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6 As I have previously said, my whole attitude has changed and I am not down anymore, I am more happy than I have been since we found out about her diagnosis. I have given it all the Lord and He is working through me. I have to say that Georgia has saved my life and my soul, it's very easy to skate through life when no trials abound but when God puts you through the fire you have to decide whether you are going to let this bring you down or are you going to rise above it. I will rise above it! I used to feel sorry for myself and question God but now I understand better what He is doing. He is using this child to bring about great things and for His wonderful purpose. Will I ever be able to thank Him for the seizures, I do not believe so but can I thank Him for bringing Georgia into my life. I can also thank Him for humbling me and bringing me to this place in my faith that I could never have gotten had it not been for my precious baby. So with that being said, thank you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Misty,
    I have tears in my eyes as I read your site. You truly are a wonderful person and that is why God has placed Georgia in your life. He needed someone to love her through this tough time and he new you would see her thru.

    ReplyDelete