Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Choice

Today, I choose to be happy! Yes things are hard but I have to believe they will get better. I am the only one who can control my reactions to things and I want to be happy. My children deserve a happy mommy. One day I will know how all the pieces fit together because God is already there, He is on control. Today, we are headed to the beach to have some family time, I do not normally like to miss church but I think God understands that we need this, time to regroup, time to relax and enjoy one another's company. I think because our life is hard, we tend to focus on the "problem" and forget to remember that each day is a gift and we do not know when we will draw our last breath. Yesterday it occurred to me, I prayed a long time for something and I never got an answer but when I thought about it yesterday God had given me what I asked for, I just had to fully let the problem go and rest in His hands. I also heard a song that I have heard many times before and this time I really "heard" the song, Georgia has a purpose in this life that no one can fill but her. God knows what He needs to do to draw us closer, sometimes people feel Him best when they are having good times in their life, and in others or in my case I draw nearer to Him because I am struggling and I need Him more now than I have ever needed Him. All around me, I see quotes or things (winks from God) that tell me this is only temporary. Things will get better and our season is soon to change. In fact, last night I had a dream that Georgia just stood and walked and was able to use her hand and arm. I feel like God talks to me through my dreams. I rest in Him, He gives me my strength. Please bear with me as I go through this, I want to be that person that I was before Georgia had her surgery, full of hope for the future and unwilling to lose my heart or faith. "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

2 comments:

  1. Hello my little loves,

    This has become one of my favorite places.

    I hope you had fun at the beach, I'm so glad you went. I read your most recent posts and you are doing such a wonderful job. I will always say that I know your road right now, is difficult. That you press on, is so much of your testimony, your miracle.

    When you do the activities that Georgia may not like, just remember that they are healthy for her. They are healthy for all of you. It would be easier to stay home, I'm certain. But, when you move forward, even though you know you may be in for a difficult time, just remember it's one more day that you refused to give in to despair. What a miracle, Misty. Do you know how many people can do that? Not a lot, certainly not without the Lord.

    An lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh (despair), the messenger of Satan to buffet me ( a blow, to strike down ), lest I should be exalted above measure.
    For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
    And He said unto me, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE: FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, THEN am I strong. 2 Cor 12:7-10

    You are enduring a great hardship. But remember that to being doing the Lord's work, you need only to show up, each day. And, worry about just what's in front of you, not tomorrow. A tall order, I know. But, you bank one more day toward the prize. 'I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.' Phil 3:14

    Georgie's little life is still unfolding, like the bloom of a flower. Although she may appear different in the way she has been presented to our human eyes and understanding, her beauty is not diminished. When I think of the love the Lord must feel when He looks at each little creation, and how much greater his love is than even a mother's love, it helps me to not seek understanding. But, just to be, one day at a time.

    You are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and your sweet bug:)) I am praying for all of you! Glad you hound your sunshine!

    ReplyDelete