Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let Go and Let God

As I am sure everyone knows, we are back in the hospital for shunt complications. Last week Sean and I were alone, for the first time since all this started happening with Georgia. We had just ourselves and it was hard. We thought all of this was behind us, but yesterday on our way to therapy Georgia started throwing up and then dry heaving. I panicked, I might not have done so but Georgia had been sleeping the greater part of yesterday. The exact same symptoms from last week. I called the doctor and he advised me to go to the ER or come to Orlando. I know last week that Georgia went down hill very fast so I did not want to take a chance of that happening this time. They did all the preliminary things they did last week and gave her some Zofran. Around 9:30 they told us they were going to admit her, they would watch her through the night and set a plan in the morning. God has really been working overtime and Georgia is feeling better today. Able to eat, play, and be her typical self. We were not going to tell anyone because it is hard for us to think about let alone everyone else. We just want to fade into the background. We want to move on with our lives, put this in a little box and put in he attic, something to discuss later in life but not to keep living. This week over and over again I have been reminded to trust in God, to keep my faith, and that nothing is impossible with God. God has been working over time on me, I believe it is my attitude that has brought this upon us. As much as I would love to wake up to Georgia talking and walking and being a "typical" child, I think that this is going to take time and a lot of work. God wants me to walk this path and I need to just start thinking positively and give Georgia the best life that she deserves. Hopefully this wil be the last time in the hospital, ever! She is responding to her name and she is making eye contact. I was reading about this child who had a hemi and gained 1.5 years of development within two months. That is very encouraging. I pray that this shunt will work properly and that her brain can recover and Georgia can start learning. I know this is going to take time. God has not forgotten us, he hasn't left us, He is holding us up. As I was reminded yesterday, God has enough faith in me to let me have her and I need to have enough faith in Him to let Him do His beautiful work. He is sure to complete this beautiful work and we will have a testimony. To fully appreciate the mountain tops I need to finish my stay in the valley. Thank you for all the prayers, Sean and I have felt them all around us and with comes a wonderful peace that surpasses all understanding.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for your family.Thank you for your post,I know it is not easy for you.Please kiss the Love Bug for me.Hope one day to see her smile again.

    All my love
    Ann Clark
    From DeSoto Drugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some many people praying for her. People that don't know her. All our prayers will continue. You and Sean are being so strong. Keep your faith...I know you will.

    Love,
    Hope, Josh, and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a wonderful book out called, "Kisses for Katie" that I think would be a great encouragement to you (you probably don't have time to read, tho!) I would love to buy this for you if you've not read it. Do you have a Nook or Kindle, or would you like a hard copy? We are praying <3
    Love,
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Misty? Georgie Bug,

    Just stopping by, it had been a little while since I last posted.

    After I read your updates, I immediately felt compelled to go to the book of Job. It's so hard to know the right words to say. I had read the book many times, to gain comfort or to try and know how to carry on during difficult situations. Each time I read it, I gain some new insight. A couple verses stood out: " Oh that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! " Job 14:13
    It must be so hard to carry on each day. To not give in to despair... As a mother and someone who cares, it's hard for me to refrain from trying to figure it all out and present the answers to you in a way that will give you comfort and ease your fears and sufferings. We none know the Lord's reasons for hardships that are placed before us. It's hard to watch others carry on in life, who never seem to be presented with a single problem. It's hard not to say, " Lord, what have I done? What can I do to make it right? " As I got to the last chapters, when Job could give the Lord no answers because he was a mere man. Job's life, compared to most was righteous. But, because he was man, saved by Grace, he repented. And forgave his friends, Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar, for being such poor comforts during his time of suffering. The verses are beautiful: "3. Who is He that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not. 4. Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. 5. I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: But now mine eye seeth thee. 6. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. " verse 10 also says, " And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before." Job 42: 3-6 & 10

    I think it's honorable of you to look within, to examine 'attitudes,' etc... But, I just wanted to say that I think is the fact that we ARE just lowly 'men' and 'women' that makes us eligible for deep suffering, moreso than any mistake we might make as Christians.

    That was what I took from the book of Job this time. It wasn't what he DID that caused the Lord to allow his suffering, Job was a good man. But, his was still just a man. And, because the Lord believed in His servants ability to endure ( an example that would lead others, for years to come, to believe in Christ Jesus ), Job was the one chosen to suffer.

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete