Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Monday, July 2, 2012

Minor Setback

It's been a while, it's hard when "real" life hits you square in the face and you find that you have a lot less time in the day than you thought. It's hard for me to get back into the swing of things and to adjust to this thing they call a toddler :) For me, this is like the first time being a Mommy, Georgia had never been so active or clingy or loud or anything resembling Conerly but boy do I love and adore every moment of it. I have to do a little bragging here, once we adjusted to being home, Georgia's recovery has started picking up. She has been pointing but part of me felt it was kind of a fluke until Friday when she pointed at me, actually pointed then crawled into my lap. Most beautiful thing ever! She also waved at my sister, I didn't get to see it but my sister was waving in her face and Georgia mimicked her. She is also responding to her name again and she localizes to every sound she hears. These are the building blocks for language. She loves to cuddle in her bed under her blanket, she actually squeals when we are going upstairs to her room or when we get out of the car and she sees we are at home. We went swimming yesterday and she was so relaxed and enjoying herself. All beautiful and wonderful things. Best of all of course No Seizures! We are still in the process of relearning to walk but I know this will come with time. As the title of this post suggests we do have a minor setback. Sean and I noticed that Georgia has not been quite herself, I chalked it up to adjusting to home and being around to Conerly. But Sean told me I needed to fall Dr. Lee's office and explain the situation, Sean suspected hydrocephalus. Of course Amy told me what to look for before we were discharged but once we got to Brooks and they started mentioning autism all those symptoms of swelling flew out the window and I started obsessing over he possibility of autism. Anyway, I made an appointment with Dr. Lee and Dr. Baumgartner and they agreed there might be some hydrocephalus. So last Tuesday we went to Orlando and had a CT done, we were praying this might be he problem bc out of all the options put before us this is the one problem that can be corrected. Normally we would never pray for a "problem" but this was exactly what we prayed for. Thank you Jesus! With that being said, we are on the way back to the hospital to have a shunt placed in. I am scared and nervous of course because they have to open her head once again but I am confident that Our Heavenly Father will see us through and He will be guiding the surgeon' hands. I am praying that Georgia will not get what they call decompression sickness, which would make her sicker than make her better. We would love to be home by the 4th of July. Either way as long as we get our Bug back healthy and happy we are content. A few prayer request: 1. For God to be with the surgeon 2. Bring Georgia through the surgery 3. No decompression sickness 4. For Sean and I Thank you all for all the prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Our GOD is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works with us. His Holy Spirit is with you, empowers you and controls this situation. (Ephesians 3:20)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make that "the power that works WITHIN us." Fingers can't type as fast as I can think.

      Delete
  2. We are praying, Misty!
    Bettina Howell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all night and day, HE will see you through this, HE is guiding you. Trust in Him And know that you are doing what is best for your Bug:)))
    Praying that God will heal her completely and praying for your peace.., we miss your smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that all went well with her surgery!!

    ReplyDelete