Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Friday, January 11, 2013

Georgia Found Her Voice!

"Even miracles take a little time" Cinderella.

 I am so happy to say that Georgia has found her voice. Started last week with her "mmming" her food which she would only do during dinner time, not lunch or breakfast. I was so excited, I was like she must be picking that up from Conerly because he does it all the time. Which in itself is pretty awesome, she is mimicking her brother. Then Monday night she was "mmming" her food and then she said "mum" and she said "mum" again. I almost started crying, we were in Sonny's so I had to contain myself. I have waited to hear her voice for so long and was not even sure that I would hear her voice. Dr. Lee could not guarantee that she would talk because the left side of her brain was completely disconnected and that is where our language is stored. God is so good, He has started this miraculous work and I know He will continue to work until it is completed. "I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

   Georgia loves the song Itsy Bitsy Spider, she loves the motions that go along with the movements, her favorite part being "washed the spider out". She grins like crazy when we get to this part and loves using her arms to wash the spider out. It's cute. Her life parallels that song. The spider starts going up the spout and then gets washed out when a storm comes. Georgia is just like that little spider her life was going and she was headed up that spout but then a storm came and set her back a little but now the rain has passed and she is headed up that spout again. We are headed for higher ground and I could not be more excited.

 
In this video she is "mmming" Makes me feel validated now that I have come video graphic evidence.  

                                    
Her walking is also improved, Lord help me, she loves to go as fast as her little legs can take her down the stairs. I am like a Nervous Nellie when she does this :)
 
 
   Thank you once again for all the prayers, we owe all the praise to God who has seen fit to give us this beautiful miracle that we call Georgia. Love to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment