Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Big Girl

 
 "Answer me Oh Lord, out of the goodness of your heart; in your great mercy turn to me. " Psalm 69:16

  Out of the goodness of Jesus' heart my prayers were answered. Georgia is doing better than ever. She has mastered the stairs, as seen below. When I come into the room she lights up and makes this screeching noise, it is the cutest thing !ever! And when her Daddy comes home she runs to him and hugs him tightly. I know this makes his entire day. Such a big girl. I know we still have a long way to go but this gives me hope that she will make a full recovery. It is simply one day at a time.

 
 
   I wanted to share some quirky "brain facts" with you.

  • The brain is made of 75% water.
  • The brain cannot feel pain.
  • The brain is considered the fattest organ in the body, may consist of 60% fat.
  • At birth your brain is almost the same size as an adult brain.
  • The capacity for emotions, joy, sadness, anger, fear, ect are already developed at birth. The specific type of nurturing a child receives shapes how these emotions are developed.
  • The old myth that you only use 10% of your brain is simply not true, every part of the brain has a known function.
  • Excessive stress can alter brain cells, brain structure and brain function.
  • You cannot tickle yourself because your brain distinguishes between unexpected external touch and your own touch.
  • Scientists have discovered men and women's brains react differently to pain.
  • Every time you recall a memory or have a new thought you are creating a new connection in your brain
I just found those facts interesting. The brain is simply fascinating and I see it playing out everyday in front of me through Georgia.

"God doesn't give us what we can handle, God helps us handle what you have been given."

1 comment:

  1. Such a big girl! What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete