Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Monday, November 18, 2013

Mountain of Laundry



  "Draw nigh to me and I will draw nigh to you." James 4:8 

   Sometimes God uses the strangest things to speak to us. I had a mountain of laundry to fold yesterday and let me tell you it was enormous, I would like to you to believe that I never let laundry get out of control but that wouldn't be truthful. This time it wasn't entirely my fault but that's another tale for another time. I was sitting there, looking at this huge pile and thinking to myself, I just gotta do it, no way around it. So I started folding, one piece at a time. God has given me two arms, two hands,and the sense to do it. So I could wish the laundry away or I could simply start folding and watch the laundry sort into smaller piles meant to be put away.

   I said that to say this, God has given me to the tools;  take Georgia to therapy, make sure she is getting the best education that she can, involve her in activities outside of the home, and take her to doctor appointments and ever so slowly the mountain will shrink in size.

   This mountain that I am climbing won't always be here, soon I will look around and see smaller hills. I see how far we have come and I know one day we will this as small speed bumps put in our path to grow our faith.

What is your mountain of laundry???

No comments:

Post a Comment