Georgia Lily

Georgia Lily
My Love Bug

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Completely Renewed

   Georgia slept all night, we woke up to a pleasant suprise the swelling was about 75% decreased and this afternoon it had decreased to about 95%. She looks beautiful, she acts like herself and Mommy feels completely confident in our decision to have the hemispherectomy. Yesterday was a hard day for me, I did not want Georgia to have a shunt put in but at the end of the day I had to pray about it and lay it down at the alter and trust that My Father would take care of it. He did! Why did I ever doubt? He tells us to cast all our cares upon Him, His grace is sufficient. Nothing is too big or small for Him.

   We are getting discharged tomorrow, we got the a-ok from Dr. Lee. He came into our room and he was so happy to see Georgia and he said, "Well she did not want a shunt did she?" Then he stuck his head out the door and happily called his PA and said, "You have to come and see this!" He is so pleased with all her progress. He will see us two weeks after we leave Brooks and then three months after we go home and yearly after that. At her three month visit he will adjust her dosage of Lamictal.

   I sit in amazement at how far we have come in just 12 short days, Georgia is not seizing, she is more interactive, she makes great eye contact, usage in her right side is coming back, and I feel in the first time in a long time that I can live, actually live, not worry about what tomorrow will bring because I know nothing can be as bad as living with a child that constantly seizes. Life is going to be so sweet. I also know that I am strong, I can handle things. I can praise God finally for the seizures because I can see what He was doing. He needed to put me through the fire so that He could refine gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment